A partition is a division of physical drive and its content into separate individual parts. Disk partition is done for partitioning or dividing certain kinds of secondary storage devices such as hard disk drives (HDD), solid state drive (SSD) into desirable partitions. A physical drive can be partitioned into primary partition and extended partition. A primary/active partition is one which contains OS, a physical drive contain only one extended partition which may be further distinct into logical partitions.
Advantages of multiple partitions:
- Partitioning allows the user to install more than one operating system like Linux, Microsoft Windows and Mac on a single computer. Individual operation system can be installed on different partitions of the same secondary storage which will never interfere each other and enables the user to choice the OS at power up.
- Reformatting of a data in one partition will not affect your data on other partitions.
- Faster rate of access to all the files when it’s partitioned. For Example: 1TB hard disk has an access time of 12ms at 200 IOPS but when it partitioned to 100 GB access time reduces to 6ms at 300 IOPS.
- Defragmentation of entire HDD is not required, partition which offend files create/deleted can be defragmented.
- Corruption or error occurred in one partition will not affect to other partition.
Scenarios for Lost/Deleted partition:
- Accidentally deleting a partition from a third party tool or from Windows Disk Management Utility.
- If partition gets severely infected by virus or some other deadly/harmful app, then there are chances for files to go missing from the drive, or the entire partition will be lost leads to huge loss of data.
- Partition Table holds all the info about partitions on the system drive. So, if it gets damaged due to some causes, there it may leads to partition loss.
- Using third party app to shrink or extend the size of existing partition may sometimes leads to partition deletion which in turn results in entire data loss from it.
- Partition may also go missing or gets deleted from the hard drive when system gets abruptly shut down due to power surge or some other reasons.
However, you can easily get rid of these causes, or you can definitely get to know about how to recover partition after loss or deletion using the most used and highly ranked utility called Partitions Recovery software.
Features of Partitions Recovery Software
Partition Recovery is an excellent and most preferred utility by worldwide users to recover partition after loss or deletion. This tool has ability to restore more than 300 types of files from a partition including RAW files, pictures, video files, spreadsheets, program files, RAR files, documents, audio files, and more. Using this application, you can recover deleted partition on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, etc. The partitions recovery tool has ability to get back partition data from SATA, IDE and SCSI HDDs. You can even utilize this software to retrieve data from RAID drives. It can effortlessly perform RAW partition recovery.
It supports various branded hard disk drives like Seagate, Samsung, Iomega, WD, LaCie, Hitachi, etc. Apart from NTFS partition recovery, it can even restore FAT and exFAT partitions. The Save Recovery Session of the software to facilitates you to resume the recovery process for the next time. Its preview option allows you to view recovered partition data prior to restoration.