Hello guys, last week I went to trip with my friends and I took camera along with me. I shoot lots of photos, videos and I saved all the captured memorial moments in camera’s memory card. Yesterday, when I connect my memory card to the system it asked to format the memory card option and I without going through the option I unfortunately clicked on the format button. I have lost all my precious files from the memory card. Please anyone suggest me how to retrieve deleted files from formatted memory card, it will be great helpful for me.
Overview of memory card:
A memory card or flash card is an electronic data storage medium used for storing digital data. These memory cards are commonly used in many electronic devices such as MP3 players, mobile phones, tablets, computers, digital cameras, camcorders, and many more. Most of the card can be re-recordable and can hold files without any power supply. It is extensively utilizing as the usage of the electronic devices is increasing all over world. There are many brands that are involved in developing and designing memory cards some of them are Sony, Panasonic, Transcend, Toshiba Samsung, Kingston, etc.
They support numerous multimedia devices for storing various types of file formats such as audio, documents, video, images, etc. The storage capacity of the memory card varies from MB to GB and it depends on user choice. However, in spite of these benefits the data saved in the memory cards might get lost or deleted due to unknowingly formatting the memory card. There are plenty of other reasons that are responsible for the data loss from the memory card.
If, you face these kind of situation then don’t get panic. You can recover lost data after formatting memory card by employing third party tool like File Recovery Software. This application enables you to recover deleted files from memory card such as SD card, Memory sticks, XD, SDHC, MMC, CF cards etc. This software can successfully run and recovers data from memory card on different version of Windows and Mac based operating system such as Windows 8, Vista, Lion, Yosemite, Windows XP, Snow Leopard, Mac OS X and more.
Let’s have a glance on some factors that cause to deletion of data from memory card:
- Most of the user would like to organize the files and folders stored in memory card. So, they move the data from the mobile phone itself, during this process suddenly someone make a call to the mobile this may cause loss of files.
- When the camera is reading or writing the data in the memory card. If user removes the memory card abruptly then this lead to loss of data.
- Without the help of card reader user cannot connect the memory card to the system or laptop directly. If the card reader that contains memory card in it is malfunctioned all of a sudden, then there exists a chance of damage to the memory card. Resulting in deletion or lose of important data.
- Users are prone to make some innumerable errors in their life while handling the memory card. By mistake may delete the file which is important can result in to data deletion.
- There can be some other factors such as improper handling of devices, intrusion of suspicious viruses and malware, power surge problem, etc.